Monday, January 30, 2012

Zac Posen LBD Cheat

I thought Amber Heard looked incredible at the SAG Awards in a black Zac Posen gown. I know a lot of critics don't like black on the red carpet, but this dress was not boring or safe. It managed to be sexy without too much cleavage or leg and the cutouts were edgy and young.



This got me to thinking that something like this could replace my boring old LBD...



The closest and most affordable match ($48) is a skater dress version at Asos.





The cheapest version ($17!) can also be found at Asos. Though a little more bare, I think sizing up would give it a modest fit, and the stretchy fabric would keep it from looking too baggy.





I found bedazzled take on the cutout dress, also at Asos ($48). The lace and sparkles makes it a little less versatile, but I love the asymmetrical sleeves.




Finally, the most interesting take is by Carven and can be found at Farfetch.com ($295). I've placed the photo of the black dress next to a plaid pattered one so you can get a better idea of what the draping looks like.


 


4 comments: