Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chanel Fascinator Cheat



I came across this photo on Part Time Princess and immediately fell in love with the glamour of it all... the hair, the make-up, and of course the giant flower/feather fascinator. Not to mention that it was taken backstage at a Chanel runway show.

I'm not one for over-the-top hair, but I think a few feathers in your hair can really bring a simple dress to the next level. I obviously have no idea where one might find the amazing Chanel version, so I tracked down a few other glamour-worthy versions online.




This large but simple version from Nordstrom ($58) reminds me a lot of the Chanel version without the rhinestones. Pair it with a simple, tailored, classic black dress and long, tousled hair.





This version in shades of brown is so interesting and different (Nordstrom, $58). It would look incredible on a girl with dark hair. I think it kind of mimics a tiny bird's nest, the gemstones like little eggs. Definitely for the fashion-brave.






I couldn't resist adding a bridal piece. This one from Amie Noel Designs on Etsy ($58) is simple and yet glamorous with the birdcage veil.




Of course, being picky AND frugal, I'd prefer to make my own piece. Places like Michael's will have feathers and flowers in a variety of colors, styles and sizes. Your best bet is to choose quality, small to medium sized pieces. Then follow these easy directions from Chic Steals (she made her's for $8!).


1 comment:

  1. so stunning. adore your blog, love. totally following. can't wait to read more. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
    Small town girl takes on the LA fashion scene.

    ReplyDelete